On the recent visit to Syria, the team of SKT visited the camps and also the hospital wing that is situated in Village 1.
What they learned was heart breaking - there are so many children dying!! There are so many children sick, ill and in need to urgent care. The facilities are not adequate to treat these children. There is no option but to turn them away.
In Syria – a present, nearly a quarter of all hospitals and one third of all primary health care centres remain non-functional and unable to respond to the growing health needs. And for the displaced communities along the borders, the situation is far worse.
Al Huda Hospital has been attacked several times during the conflict, most recently in February this year. Despite the devastation we have been able to continue treating emergency patients. We are working to get back to full capacity.
Donate now to help children and families in Northern Syria get life-saving medical attention.
£8,000 for 1 share.
This is will be a Hospital Wing for Children with:
- A fully equipped PICU (Paediatric Intensive Care Unit) with ventilators, Oxygen, Defibrillators etc.
- At least 3 Surgical Rooms
- A Recovery Ward
- Acute Medical Ward (for neonates too – with incubators)
- A&E department with beds for assessment and treatment
- Rehabilitation/Physical Therapy centre (also caters for children with disabilities)
- Laboratory (cannot possibly diagnose without analysing bloods) – misdiagnosis due to lack of such basic facilities can lead to detrimental and often fatal consequences.
Equipped with necessary resources to perform life saving treatments.
Your donations will mean the difference between life and death for a child, donate today to help heal Syria.
Our 100% donation policy means that every penny you donate is used in the delivery of humanitarian projects and directly related costs. Indirect and administrative costs are covered by either direct donations themselves or by using Gift Aid.